Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who actually uses the FICO 8???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who actually uses the FICO 8???

So I just joined myfico and realized I've got commonly used scores specific to mortgage, auto and credit card lending... If they're all using these other scores, who is actually using the "most widely used" FICO 8? My FICO 8 is much higher than these other scores. Totally confused.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who actually uses the FICO 8???

Despite the availability of the Bankcard Enhanced version, most credit card issuers use Fico 8 classic. A handful use the enhanced versions; for example Citi used it for my recent DC approval. And some, Chase for example, use their own internal scoring system.

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Who actually uses the FICO 8???

@Anonymous wrote:

So I just joined myfico and realized I've got commonly used scores specific to mortgage, auto and credit card lending... If they're all using these other scores, who is actually using the "most widely used" FICO 8? My FICO 8 is much higher than these other scores. Totally confused.

According to American Express, it uses FICO 8:  "our FICO® Score 8 based on Experian data is the same score used by American Express"

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.