cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do I call to see why recent months haven't been reported?????

tag
sbboy
Established Member

Who do I call to see why recent months haven't been reported?????

Pretty much across the board on my CR the last reported dates are either Nov 08 or Dec 08. Do I call each CC company and ask them if they are reporting or do I call the 3 bureaus and ask them?

I've been working extremely hard the past several months and it'd be nice to see that reflected on my CR even if it's just a few points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oct.28--TU -713, EQ-738
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who do I call to see why recent months haven't been reported?????

Whatever you do, don't dispute them! I learned the hard way Smiley Mad

What report are you looking at that shows those dates?

Message 2 of 4
JJF
Contributor

I sent a letter to CRA to ask for additional information on an account.  The account now shows as disputed by consumer.  I agree do not write or call the CRA  unless you actually are disputing the account.

I made a spreadsheet for all my credit cards and my wifes credit cards. For each month, I list the statement date, new monthly purchases, balance due, and payment due date. My plan is to make sure at least every 6 months (twice per year), the account reports a balance to CRA. Also, as I had many inactive accounts closed last year, I want to make sure I use each card at least every 3 months.

I feel the easiest way to get the account to update to the CRAs is for the account to report a balance at the statement date.

Message Edited by JJF on 04-28-2009 08:21 PM
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This happened to me with a store card (J.Crew, from WFFNB.) I deliberately let a balance report, to show usage, and then they never updated to show that I had paid it off.

I called them several times, and I was always told that they update every Friday. (Oh, puh-leese.) So I finally disputed with the bureaus, disputing the balance. Don't dispute anything else. They all updated to the current $0 balance, and J.Crew has pretty much stayed on top of things ever since.

However, when it happened again, Experian refused to accept the dispute, saying that it had already been submitted and resolved. (Yeah, morons, same problem, different balance.) But the other two fixed it again, and because of their calling WFNNB, EX wound up reporting it correctly as well.

If this were a closed card, do realize that disputing anything at all might make the entire account disappear!!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.