cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do you call to find out when CC balances post?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who do you call to find out when CC balances post?

I've called a couple of my CC's to find out when they post a balance and no one seems to know.  Is there a certain job title I need to ask for? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Who do you call to find out when CC balances post?

Bless their hearts, at least they're honest enough to tell you that they don't know. Most will tell you with the utmost confidence and inaccuracy anything that they believe.

What companies are your cards from? Almost all update on your statement date, and then of course you have to wait for the CRA's to actually post the new balances.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, they have been honest about their ignorance, lol. I'm mostly concerned about Chase, Citi and B of A.  I did have a Chase Health Advance CO that told me they'd report 2/14, they said they report 30 days after PIF.
Message 3 of 5
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Atleast for me, Chase reports on statement cut date.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Calzonan wrote:
True, they have been honest about their ignorance, lol. I'm mostly concerned about Chase, Citi and B of A.  I did have a Chase Health Advance CO that told me they'd report 2/14, they said they report 30 days after PIF.
All three of these for me update on their statement dates.

Experian has it posted by the next day (generally), and EQ and TU take anywhere from 4 - 7 days later, sometimes later. They have the info from the bank, they just haven't updated the reports yet.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.