Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Equifax Score is lower

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why Equifax Score is lower

Why is my Equifax score is lower than my Experian and Transunion score?  I have 630 for Equifax and 720+ for Experian and Transunion.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why Equifax Score is lower

What is or isn't on EQ that is or is not on the others? Which website did you pull your scores from?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did pull from all three.
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

justunum wrote:
I did pull from all three.

Yes, but from where?

If you pulled EQ and TU from this site (myfico.com), then you have FICO scores. If you pulled an Experian score after 2/13/09, it's automatically a FAKO. Experian stopped allowing consumers to buy their FICO scores on that date.

If you got your scores from credit monitoring services, they're FAKO's.

If you got them from the bureaus, your EQ might be a FICO score --look at the report carefully.

All these FAKO's come from different home-grown formulas. They don't match FICO's. and they don't match different types of FAKO's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I ask because consumers are no longer allowed to pull their own FICO score. If you pulled a score directly from TU, EQ, and EX, then 2 of your 3 scores are NOT FICO scores. EQ does partner with FICO and if you pulled your scores from Equifax.com, then you do have a FICO score for EQ. But ignore the other two scores. You can get your TU FICO score from here and as mentioned, it is impossible to pull your own EX FICO score.

Hauling beat me to the punch....
Message Edited by llecs on 03-29-2009 07:53 PM
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

llecs wrote:

Sorry, didn't realize you were still on this one! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

llecs wrote:

Sorry, didn't realize you were still on this one! Smiley Very Happy

Just stumbled in after a 20 min power nap.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.