Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why Such a Huge dif between Bureaus

@Anonymous wrote:

You were absolutely RIGHT!! Just pulled all three FICO scores and they are:

Transunion: 688

Equifax:690

Experian: 696

Drastically different than the scores from the vantage system. I have one late payment from 2.5 years ago as my only serious deliquancy. 8% util of $37,500. 3.5yr AAoA. and only a few inquiries a piece. How do I get it going up from here??

Nice job getting your scores from CCT.  Very simply answer here on how to get your scores up.  There is only ONE thing you need to do.  One thing only:  Get that late payment removed!  You said it's your only baddie, so your scores will go up immensely. 

Of what severity is that late payment (30, 60, 90, etc)?  Your scores could go up anywhere from 30-70 points or so with it's removal depending on severity.  I'd guess about 50 points shooting from the hip.  There's absolutely nothing else you can do that would give you that many points in one shot.  Who is the creditor that you were late with and how much positive history do you have with them on either side of that late payment on that account or any other accounts with that creditor?

Do you have any open installment loans?  If not, seeking out the SSL technique can give you 25-30 points immediately.  If you need more information on this, just ask... but if you already have an open installment loan it will not do you any good.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a with Verizon wireless who I no longer use 2.5 years ago. 30 day late payment Charge off. I have 2 installment accounts and 4 credit cards. That really is my only baddie. How do I completely get rid of it??

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It was a with Verizon wireless who I no longer use 2.5 years ago. 30 day late payment Charge off. I have 2 installment accounts and 4 credit cards. That really is my only baddie. How do I completely get rid of it??

You'll have to write to them and ask for the removal of it.  It's called a "Goodwill" (GW) letter.  It's recommended that you send it snail mail for the most personal touch, but some people make GW requests via email, phone calls, etc.  Basically write to them and apologize for the one late payment, write about how your payment history otherwise was stellar, and that you'd very much like to obtain new accounts with Verizon in the near future both with Verizon Wireless and Fios.  By saying this you are enticing them with the possibility of several new accounts with you.  Tell them that you'd feel much better about going back to Verizon as a customer if they'd work with you on that one minor 30 day late payment.  Verizon is absolutely doing everything they can to get new customers, so I think if they thought they could get 2 new accounts out of you by making a GW adjustment to your former account that they would.  Attempting this definitely wouldn't hurt and could give you a 50 point boost or so to your scores.

Message 13 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Fair Isaac conducted regular credit scoring "webinars" several years ago.

In those discussions, they stated on numerous occasions that differences in the customized models that are leased to the various CRAs can, with totally identical information, result in a scoring variation of up to 30'ish points.  They stated that anything above approx. 30 points was almost assuredly due to differences in data in the reports.

Very subtle differences are easy to overlook.

A consumer might scan their report and conclude, for example, that no differences are present, but a creditor or debt collector may have simply updated their reporting, efffectively extending the scoring impact on a delinquent account or collection.

Careful comparison of differences in data will usually show subtle differences between the CRAs if point discrepancies are above 30'ish points.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.