Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are My Fico scores different?

tag
Macdoll30
Valued Member

Why are My Fico scores different?

I'm in the process of trying to rebuild credit. Today I went to Experian.com and pulled my report and with it the TU and EQ. Then I join My Fico and my scores for TU and EX were at least a 50 point difference!! Which ones are true?? What are the lenders seeing?
On experian.com : EX 646 EQ 661 TU 643
My Fico : EX 589 EQ 663 TU 594
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: Why are My Fico scores different?

Your 'true' scores can be found here at myfico. Automobile dealerships tend to use 'auto-enhanced' scores based on auto loans you've had before. Same with 'types' of scores...for the most part. Most lenders pull ficos for the most part. Any scores found at other websites tend to be FAKOs.  Scores that that are intuitive, but can be off by more than 100 points!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Macdoll30
Valued Member

What are FAkO's?
Message 3 of 5
Macdoll30
Valued Member

Thank u, but I am new at this so I have one more question...May be remedial but why such a big score difference from EQ and the other 2? All reports state pretty much the same
Message 4 of 5
GFer
Valued Contributor

You state 'pretty much the same'. Does that mean there are indeed differences? That would be part of it. They each have different scoring models they use as well, I believe. If not; someone will chime in soon, I'm sure. I believe they do, though. For instance; Equifax is harder on me than the others. (Shrug...)

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.