cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my accounts on TU credit report different from TU Myfico?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Why are my accounts on TU credit report different from TU Myfico?

HI, i was cross checking (not cross dressing!!! ) my acconts that are listed on my TU fico and my TU Credit Report - the TU Fico has a few accounts that are not included...Same report dates from TU and TU Fico.

Anyone know why some accounts are not the same? When you dispute something on either TU or EQ, does it make that acccount disappear with the TU Fico product?

Take Verizon, I have a derog (I don't even think this account is mine, but whatever) but its missing my the account list on TU Fico....

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why are my accounts on TU credit report different from TU Myfico?

If the missing accounts are closed, how long ago were they closed?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

HI Hauling,  

For TU Fico account list and My truecredit TU ... there is only one account that is missing from the TU Fico account list. Verizon - said I opened the account in 2/2006 (not true more like 04 b/c I moved June of 06 and paid it in full by none the less... and reported on True Credit Trans Union 6/30/09, It's a derog account....for like 98 bucks. I know I paid it. I use a diff bank now so it may be tricky to try and find the ACH payment made in Jun of 06 when i moved out....

True Credit report is dated July 10th; TUFico is dated  7/14....not much of a time difference....I wonder why it didn't carry over?

Message 3 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

True Credit doesn't count. Get the real report directly from TU and see what that says.
Message 4 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

I think I left the real TU report at work...but now why wouldn't a True Credit TU report count? i see the three in one as well from that site?

Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

daisyduke wrote:
I think I left the real TU report at work...but now why wouldn't a True Credit TU report count? i see the three in one as well from that site?

TC is sponsored and run by TU, but it's still a report reseller. There are occasional hiccups in data mapping over from the source document (the full report) to the secondary document (the reseller report.)

For instance, this is why new customers of TC often freak when they look at their payment records for EQ. Instead of the pretty green boxes, they get X's. But if you look in the text area, where it says last updated or something like that, you'll see that the history is reporting. It just displays oddly.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks Hauling. I just updated my credit report on True Credit...Verizon is gone zo....and so is Trojan. But those snakes at Asset just listed me on TU!! Asset was on another one, Experian I think....they just did this...i have been working with them. i'm so upset now. i would have been happy if there were not any new collections. those rats...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.