cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my scores so different then what my morgage company pulled for a loan???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are my scores so different then what my morgage company pulled for a loan???

I wonder if someone can explain to me why my scores are so different from when the morgage company pulled my vredit scores when FICO updated my scores the day before

FICO had me at 787 EFX, 785 TRU and 795 XPN

Bank pulled me at 736 EFX, 747 TRU and 784 XPN

This is a differance of -50 for EFX, -38 for TRU and -11 for XPN.

I thought FICO has the REAL scores or doesnt anybody real have the real srores?  This was pulled Dec 1st and NONE of my scores have changed at all on FICO.  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why are my scores so different then what my morgage company pulled for a loan???

Mortgage companies just like auto finance companies use an internal score based on, but not identical to your FICO score.  They are never going to be identical to what you here from MyFico

http://www.fico.com/en/products/fico-mortgage-score/

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why are my scores so different then what my morgage company pulled for a loan???

Got it!  Thank you for the reply!

I did see Credit Karma had me right on the money with TransUnion... Just for your information.

Have a great week and thanks again!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got it!  Thank you for the reply!

I did see Credit Karma had me right on the money with TransUnion... Just for your information.

Have a great week and thanks again!

You're very welcome.  Hope you got the mortgage and more importantly, the house you wanted

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, We only have the appraisal to come in which is covering my butt but for the most part, the loan is/was approved.

Wasn't sure I really needed this house as it'll be my 3rd that'll own.  I looking at them as a good investment right now... if you can get the loan for a 2nd and/or 3rd.  Thats where you'll make some money.  The housing market is down and interest rates are SO low, If you want to make some money my friend and you can afford it, go for it.  The housing market will recover and that's when I'll be able to retire.  So keep your credit rating good and they'll give you just about anything right now.

Thanks again for explaining the different scores to me.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.