cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are "My Scores" different than "Their Scores"?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are "My Scores" different than "Their Scores"?

Hi,
I pay a subscription fee every month for TrueCredit and I can check all 3 of my credit scores daily. 

Last week I went to the car dealership and wanted to lease a new car.  I checked my credit scores for TransUnion, Experian and Equifax before I went.  All 3 scores are always different, Transunion is always the highest, Equifax always the lowest.  There is anwhere from a 40 to 90 pt difference at various times, I don't know what this means so I usually average them out. 

The car dealership ran my scores when I was there.  The scores they got were all different from what TrueCredit reported to me.  Why is this?  (The dealerships numbers actually averaged a little better than my TrueCredit report.  The average was up 10pts on their report).  

But what's the deal?  Is TrueCredit accurate?  Am I wasting my money? They are always up to date if I have a credit check done, or an address change etc...

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

J

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why are "My Scores" different than "Their Scores"?

Welcome, jrpk!

Please read some of the sticked threads like Credit Scoring 101 which will answer your questions.

Also have a look at the Auto-Enhanced Score thread:

Then let us know if you have any other questions!
Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

TC scores are FAKO ans usless since no one uses them.  Notice that they dont call them FICO scores.  Here is the only place you can get your real FICO scores.  TC is good if you want to pull your credit report often.  Many people here (myself included) use TC and Score Watch.  I check my report with TC and if I see something interesting, I will buy the FICO scores here.

Also the advice that TC gives you to help your credit might actualy hurt your FICO scores.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have already said, TC scores are not FICO scores and therefore can't be relied upon to accurately reflect your FICO scores.

TC is useful for access to your credit report. The scores as useful as "canaries in the coal mine," in that if you notice one or more scores take, say, a 32-point hit, that could be an indication something went wrong, and to carefully check your credit report for changes.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.