Valued Member
64met

Why did my FICO Score drop in 30 days???

OK... I paid my $45 on January 15th to run my score... it came back 708. Now, I had a lender run my score and it comes back @690??? I did NOTHING to impact this drop!  I wonder how legit the numbers are that I ran on this site!  Any ideas/suggestions?

Thxs!
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Re: Why did my FICO Score drop in 30 days???

An 18 point drop would be about what the drop would be for 1 inquiry.

In addition, even if the lender uses FICO scoring models, there are several. One weighted for credit cards, one for mortgages, one for auto loans, etc.

I suggest the lender uses a different scoring model, not available to us consumers, which accounts for the difference. That plus the one inquiry.
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Why did my FICO Score drop in 30 days???

64met wrote:
OK... I paid my $45 on January 15th to run my score... it came back 708. Now, I had a lender run my score and it comes back @690??? I did NOTHING to impact this drop! I wonder how legit the numbers are that I ran on this site! Any ideas/suggestions?
Thxs!

You have three classic FICO scores, one from Equifax, one from TransUnion, and one from Experian. And as Sylvia said, your lender might have pulled something called an "auto-enhanced" score, created for the auto loan industry that tries to be more predictive of car loan behavior.

So the difference could be that they pulled a different FICO than you did (EQ vs TU vs EX), and they might have pulled an auto-enhanced vs the one you get here, and they might have done both (you pulled classic EQ FICO vs they pulled auto-enhanced TU.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+