cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my score drop 10-15 points

tag
cibolo

Why did my score drop 10-15 points

I pulled my reports from this site last year (around June or July) and the scores ranged from 802-809.  I just pulled it this morning and they ranged from 794-797.  The only thing that changed was an inquiry from last July.  Other than that everything is the same.  I pay my CC's off each month and my car and mortage balances have went down since last year.  I don't understand it.  I know it's minor but I'm trying to get my scores higher not lower.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why did my score drop 10-15 points

Was there a new account reporting as a result of that inquiry?

Are your balances reporting exactly the same from last summer? Even small differences in the balances can produce a drop like that.

Message 2 of 8
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Even though you pay off your CC's each month...Did one of them show a higher balance? Did you compare your UTL from this report and the one from last year?

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 8
cibolo

It looks like my high balance on some of my cards are in the $3000 range (on a $12,000 card) so I guess even though they're paid off each month it must have some type of effect.  The credit pull was from BOA when we were going to refinance our house.   We've been making double payments for a few years and the bank said we'd never recoup the money on a refinance because we only have a few years left at the rate we're going so they said just keep doing what you're doing.  I've also been making 1 1/2 car payments a month for the last 2 years but I guess that doesn't matter.  For a long time I only used my BOA card and rarely used the others but in the last year I've tried using all of them to show more activity but it seems like that may be working against me here.  How long do you think it would be before it gets over 800 again?

Message 4 of 8
cibolo

What is UTL?

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Utilization.  How much of your revolving you are using.  Aggregate is all balances divided by all CL.

Message 6 of 8
cibolo

The reports say "Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits".  If that's it then it's 1%

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.