Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Why did my score drop 10-15 points

I pulled my reports from this site last year (around June or July) and the scores ranged from 802-809.  I just pulled it this morning and they ranged from 794-797.  The only thing that changed was an inquiry from last July.  Other than that everything is the same.  I pay my CC's off each month and my car and mortage balances have went down since last year.  I don't understand it.  I know it's minor but I'm trying to get my scores higher not lower.

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why did my score drop 10-15 points

Was there a new account reporting as a result of that inquiry?

Are your balances reporting exactly the same from last summer? Even small differences in the balances can produce a drop like that.

Valued Contributor

Even though you pay off your CC's each month...Did one of them show a higher balance? Did you compare your UTL from this report and the one from last year?

*8/10/13

[ Edited ]

It looks like my high balance on some of my cards are in the $3000 range (on a $12,000 card) so I guess even though they're paid off each month it must have some type of effect.  The credit pull was from BOA when we were going to refinance our house.   We've been making double payments for a few years and the bank said we'd never recoup the money on a refinance because we only have a few years left at the rate we're going so they said just keep doing what you're doing.  I've also been making 1 1/2 car payments a month for the last 2 years but I guess that doesn't matter.  For a long time I only used my BOA card and rarely used the others but in the last year I've tried using all of them to show more activity but it seems like that may be working against me here.  How long do you think it would be before it gets over 800 again?

What is UTL?

Epic Contributor

Utilization.  How much of your revolving you are using.  Aggregate is all balances divided by all CL.

The reports say "Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits".  If that's it then it's 1%

Epic Contributor

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.