Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my score drop?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did my score drop?

I was successful and had trans union remove a collection agency that was suppose to be on my credit report.They deleted it and my score dropped from 634 to 612 now that the account is gone. Can someone please explain this to me.I only had 2 collections and now have 1.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did my score drop?

With the FICO formulas currently used there is often little or no boost from a baddie going off if a baddie of the same type is on your report. Thus, your report is still in a report with collections subset and you aren't being graded much friendly for it. Secondly, you probably had increased use of your utility or some other factor that lowered your score 18 points. If your utility went over a threshhold and you had an extra account report a balance that might have done it.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually do not have any open account so I am not using any utility. I have 4 revoling account 1 is a
Midland account that paid and closed
First nation cc that was sold to midland as a charge off and is closed.
First premiere which i paid  and closed it only shoes 1 30days late
1 line of credit that was paid off never late
they all state o balances
the one collection is a captial one collection account for I am guessing 900+dollars
I have only 2 inquiries
I typed in the fico stimulator a new credit card and it showed a huge jump in my score. Would it be good if I got a BOA secured card and only use 9 percent utl and paid in full?-How quickly would i see the jump?Would it be better to open the account with 1000 as my limit of 500.
Thanks in advance.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you are having a huge scoring hit for having no open positive tradelines. I would get a secured card (500 or 1000 has no bearing as long as you keep the percent util at 9% or lower). 1000 would give you more room to charge with but if you are just using it to put 3 lattes on a month then 500 will do just fine.

I would even recommend you get 2 500 secured cards from two different banks or credit unions. You usually get scoring gains for your first 2 revolving cards and in 6 months time you will begin building a little bit of history with them.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.