Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did this happen with EQUIFAX

tag
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Why did this happen with EQUIFAX

My equifax dropped 11 points because it says my discover jumped $343.00 but my discover statement has not even cut. Does anyone understand what i'm saying? My discover amount is showing $473 but they have not even reported for this cycle yet, so how in the world did this happen?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why did this happen with EQUIFAX

Are you sure they haven't reported yet? Discover can and will report midcycle if you ask them too. I paid mine down and asked them to report just the other day. 

Edited to say I get that you didn't ask them to, but it isn't unheard of for them to report on a different day then they normally do. Especially if you got a CLI or something changed. I'd just pay it down and ask them to report if you're concerned.  

Message 2 of 7
smoop88
Regular Contributor

it came through on Equifax today, and they haven't cut a statement, and I didn't ask them to report also last week my experience went down because it had the same info from discovering.

Message 3 of 7
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

They simply did an extra reporting.  Nothing prevents that from happening.  Not sure why they did it, but obviously, they did.

The good news is, its an easy thing.  Pay it back down and when the statement cuts, it will most likely report again, on its regular time.

Unless you are planning on app'ing for something, its not a big issue.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 4 of 7
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Yeah, it just freaked me out. The actual balance is lower than that.

Message 5 of 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I have had Discover report on an "off" cycle on me before resulting in an $8k+ reporting, all was well after the next round was reported. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I once had capital one report a midcycke of $744. Weird thing was o don't recall it ever being that high. No one could give an answer at the Rep level so I let it go and it fixed itself a few days later
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.