Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why didn't score increase after 1 CA removed and 1 major derog acct removed

tag
specialksauce
Contributor

Why didn't score increase after 1 CA removed and 1 major derog acct removed

I've had success in getting CA's and some bad AU's removed and that alone has increased the score by 50 points on EX

However, I seem to be rebucketed or stuck in limbo.

I had a major derogatory account removed by disputing with BBB. They were trying to collect an invalid deficiency balance from a foreclosure and was removed last week. In the same week, an unpaid CA was removed b/c the hospital pulled the account back. There was not one point increase from these two baddies being removed. While the others I saw almost an instant score increase within days of the removals. 

Now there are still major baddies on his report but just curious as to why he wouldn't get a small increase from last week? They are not on the backdoor reports anymore. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Why didn't score increase after 1 CA removed and 1 major derog acct removed

He will get rebucketted when all baddies are removed. How old were they? 

Message 2 of 4
specialksauce
Contributor

At least 5 or 6 years old. He does have two CA's still...one started reporting 02/2013 (Cavalry and won't respond to the DV) and the other was from 04/2009 (LTD Financial). The last one's (CA) removed were from 05/2013 (most recent removed), 12/2011, and two from 05/2008 (LVNV). The major derog was from 2008 and on only on EX....though that was the only RED account and delinquent acct on there. EX fako is weird. 

He has a couple CO's that are killing him, two huge USAA's from 2008. They are reporting a balance but still need to amend his 2012 taxes to claim insolvency on those so once they report 0 balance i hope the scores will increase a little bit. 

Next year he will have 3 foreclosures removed, a few charge offs, and a couple other baddies. 

So now we play the waiting game I guess? I've been GW'ing like crazy only to get nothing back. 

Message 3 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Yea those collections are really old. plus what he else has still on his report thats why he never saw in increase in score.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.