cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my 3 credit scores differ from my truecredit report is showing???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do my 3 credit scores differ from my truecredit report is showing???

Would anyone know why all 3 of my credit scores differ from what my truecredit report is showing? I understand that the 3 scores are different from each other, but why does my Equifax score with MyFico differ from my Equifax score with TrueCredit? Not only is it different but it is different my nearly 100 points.  Any ideas???

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why do my 3 credit scores differ from my truecredit report is showing???

@Anonymous wrote:

Would anyone know why all 3 of my credit scores differ from what my truecredit report is showing? I understand that the 3 scores are different from each other, but why does my Equifax score with MyFico differ from my Equifax score with TrueCredit? Not only is it different but it is different my nearly 100 points.  Any ideas???

Thank you

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Those scores offered at True Creit are called VantageScores. They are not FICO scores. There are different scoring formulas used for VantageScores and different scales. VantageScore range from 500-990 while FICO scores range from 300-850. That in itself will account for large score differences.

No one has been able to pull their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myfico. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Equifax score at www.equifax.com (If you look hard enough) and your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you

Your EQ score from myFICO is the real deal, the ones lenders use the most.  The others are FAKO scores, meaning it is the CRAs version of their score.

TrueCredit is also a FAKO score.

Each uses a different formula to calculate a score.

Message 3 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

yep, truecredit scores are fakos.  all of mine are actually higher than my real fico scores.

Message 4 of 5
UtahTiger
Valued Member

There is a bunch of websites out there that are crapola and sell FAKO Scores.  TrueCredit.com scores range all the way up to 900. So your score will be higher on that but it is not a score that is used.  Worthless.

Starting Score: TU 630... EQ 630....EX FAKO 637
Current Score: TU 736... EQ 770....EX FACO 779
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.