Established Contributor
killer_queen229

Why does Trans Union say my score is 695 on Credit Karma?

It goes up and down.. then it went up about 30 points not that long ago. 

Valued Contributor
Gunnar419

Re: Why does Trans Union say my score is 695 on Credit Karma?

Scores on Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are sometimes prone to wild swings for reasons that don't apply in the real world. For instance, CK has recently had some problems in which it has lost track of perfectly valid cards. CS once dropped my score by 50-60 points for no known reason at all, then for months froze my score and messed up all my data, along with a lot of other peoples.

Back in the real world, that is, on actual credit reports and actual scores banks pull on us, none of that is really happening. This is one reason you'll hear everybody around here telling you to pay no attention to those FAKO scores.

Valued Contributor
efranklin23

Re: Why does Trans Union say my score is 695 on Credit Karma?

killer_queen229 wrote:

It goes up and down.. then it went up about 30 points not that long ago. 

Don't follow the scores on CK as they're FAKO scores of TU. Their systematic design is in fact different from those of the FICO scoring and yield different results. Rather than focusing on the CS on CK I would follow the info that's being reported as it can helpful when pointing out derogatory info on your CRs.

$13.5K$7K6K$15K$5K1K
$5K

EQ-659 TU-676 EX-705 (as of 8-15-14)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}