cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Trans Union say my score is 695 on Credit Karma?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Why does Trans Union say my score is 695 on Credit Karma?

It goes up and down.. then it went up about 30 points not that long ago. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Why does Trans Union say my score is 695 on Credit Karma?

Scores on Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are sometimes prone to wild swings for reasons that don't apply in the real world. For instance, CK has recently had some problems in which it has lost track of perfectly valid cards. CS once dropped my score by 50-60 points for no known reason at all, then for months froze my score and messed up all my data, along with a lot of other peoples.

Back in the real world, that is, on actual credit reports and actual scores banks pull on us, none of that is really happening. This is one reason you'll hear everybody around here telling you to pay no attention to those FAKO scores.

Message 2 of 3
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Re: Why does Trans Union say my score is 695 on Credit Karma?

@killer_queen229 wrote:

It goes up and down.. then it went up about 30 points not that long ago. 

Don't follow the scores on CK as they're FAKO scores of TU. Their systematic design is in fact different from those of the FICO scoring and yield different results. Rather than focusing on the CS on CK I would follow the info that's being reported as it can helpful when pointing out derogatory info on your CRs.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.