Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my TransUnion score dropped?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why has my TransUnion score dropped?

My first auto loan ever $7,800 and first charge card, (I only have 1 other and its a revolver) have reported to the 3 bureaus. My Experian and Equifax scores went up because of those 2 new accounts but I have lost 7 and 4 points respectively on my FICO score because of it. Any ideas as to why?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why has my TransUnion score dropped?

How old was the first card, and did the second card report as $0 or with a balance?  And there was nothing else on your report besides that one credit card, at all?

Could've been AAOA changes, or both cards reporting a balance offhand without more information.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revolver is from 11/2014 and PIF every month. New charger is from 12/2014 reported with $450 but I PIF'd when the statement generated. I have no other lines of credit.
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Revolver is from 11/2014 and PIF every month. New charger is from 12/2014 reported with $450 but I PIF'd when the statement generated. I have no other lines of credit.

Hard to say with that few tradelines when we're talking nearly brand new credit report.  My own scores flucutated pretty spectacularly early in my credit building, and realistically you're going to want 3 credit cards eventually but I'd play with the balances a bit and see.  Which charge card was it?   If Amex shouldn't have been an utilization issue other than balances on 2/2 cards likely, and your AAOA is flatlined at 1 year unless you have a bunch of older accounts or extensive installment history.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.