Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why hasn't my score gone up?!

tag
casi218
Valued Member

Why hasn't my score gone up?!

Okay so I paid off all of my credit cards and still no score jump??? I had to leave a 25.00 balance on my Children's Place card because since being paid off I've not seen them report. I read on here somewhere that store cards sometimes don't report if your balance is 0.00. Why have I not recieved any SW alerts?? Should I use my scorepower report for the 30% off to see it that way? I have been checking every day and it's starting to do things to me!! Lol...seriously why!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: Why hasn't my score gone up?!

@casi218 wrote:

Okay so I paid off all of my credit cards and still no score jump??? I had to leave a 25.00 balance on my Children's Place card because since being paid off I've not seen them report. I read on here somewhere that store cards sometimes don't report if your balance is 0.00. Why have I not recieved any SW alerts?? Should I use my scorepower report for the 30% off to see it that way? I have been checking every day and it's starting to do things to me!! Lol...seriously why!!!

Have your statements posted yet?

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 2 of 14
casi218
Valued Member

yep!

Message 3 of 14
singulardedication
Valued Member

try checking with the free creditkarma.com or another CMS to see if the CRA have the updates from your Credit Cards yet. 

How long ago where the new CC statments issued?

Starting Score: TU 732 | EQ 655 | EX Plus 725 [Jan 2012]
Current Score: TU 697 | EQ 694 | EX 659 (psecu) [aPRIL 2012]
Goal Score: 760 In Aggressive paydown mode, thinking Amex BCE for 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

remember, decreasing balance reporting on a card won't trigger a SW alert, only an increased balance. The SW alert from a change in score happens every 7 to 10 days. So if the last time SW checked your score, the balances hadn't posted, it might be 10 days from then to see another alert.

Also, I agree with above poster- TU is almost always the slowest to report, so checking your Credit Karma score and "credit report card" until you see a $25 total balance is a good way to check when your reports have updated.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 5 of 14
casi218
Valued Member

the statements cut on the 14th and then the 18th. I just want to see my score go up Smiley Sad I will try the other sites like you guys said, thanks for that Smiley Wink I think I am being impatient but I can't help it! Lol

Message 6 of 14
casi218
Valued Member

So I went to credit karma and my score went down! On EQ I am at 680 now on TU I am at 658. I have less than 1% util so I guess that is why. This sucks! I did the score stimulator and added my new chase freedom cc limit of 1500.00 and it said my score will drop 10 more points! What do I do now????

Message 7 of 14
FrugalRican
Blogger

Are you in the midst of trying for a large purchase like a mortgage or car?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 14
casi218
Valued Member

No not trying to get a mortgage or a car. I just got a new car last year and my mortgage in december of 10'. I am just trying to get my scores up Smiley Wink No reason just ever since we got our mortgage it has become this "thing" or better my new obsession! I guess I need to just stop it! and let everything age on my accounts. If my overall credit card limits are 3750.00 what would good util be?? Thanks again to everyone taking the time to answer my questions!! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
FrugalRican
Blogger

@casi218 wrote:

No not trying to get a mortgage or a car. I just got a new car last year and my mortgage in december of 10'. I am just trying to get my scores up Smiley Wink No reason just ever since we got our mortgage it has become this "thing" or better my new obsession! I guess I need to just stop it! and let everything age on my accounts. If my overall credit card limits are 3750.00 what would good util be?? Thanks again to everyone taking the time to answer my questions!! Smiley Happy

Then yes, you are being a little impatient. Since you have your major purchases out of the way, you can take your time, month after month to figure this out.

You'll be fine. I wouldn't be worrying about score drops. In fact, this can be a little game and you can experiment from month to month, so that if you do buy another car or do anything else major, you will have experimented to the point where you know YOUR perfect balance when it comes to scoring.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.