cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Equifax so low? any know their score model?

tag
dizzier
Established Contributor

Why is Equifax so low? any know their score model?

So finally, after much fighting foolishness and mayhem, I have no more baddies on my credit report! yay! as a result my scores have all jumped (see below for current scores). Smiley Happy

my question is... why is equifax so much lower than the rest? they all show exactly the same information.

ETA: how do they weight things over there? anyone know?

Message Edited by dizzier on 11-17-2007 07:40 AM

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is Equifax so low?

How recently did the baddies come off?
Message 2 of 13
dizzier
Established Contributor

a week or so. the equifax report shows them gone... so there is a perfect credit history on the report. i just noticed that there are 6 inquiries on EQ as opposed to 1 on TU and 2 on EX. could that explain it? seens rather silly that inquires would cause such drops especially when 3 of them were for utilities for my apartment.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

inqs ding you and then the new account dings you. what ever happened to double jeoardy?!
Message 4 of 13
dizzier
Established Contributor

but my new accounts are 6+ months old and they show up on the other two CRs as well. Why does EQ care so much?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

the inqs will cause a drop alone
Message 6 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dizzier wrote:
but my new accounts are 6+ months old and they show up on the other two CRs as well. Why does EQ care so much?

You might be in a score bucket where your peers don't inq very much. If so, you're going to be penalized more than you would elsewhere... In general, once you're up in the 700's, everything hurts more than for us mired in the 600's! It's assumed that if your credit is that good, you don't normally go asking for credit a half dozen times within the past year. I'll bet you get that FICO High Achievers don't inq message on the What's hurting your score section on screen 2.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 13
positronicshell
New Contributor

Re: Why is Equifax so low? any know their score model?

funny i was going to ask the same about EX!
they hate DH + I almost 50 points lower than our other scores.
only thing I can see on our reports is that EX reports our HELOC as secured credit line?
could this be the reason as TU + EQ report it as HELOC.
crazy FICO!

xoxox Jane
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 8 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why is Equifax so low? any know their score model?

@positronicshell wrote:
funny i was going to ask the same about EX!
they hate DH + I almost 50 points lower than our other scores.
only thing I can see on our reports is that EX reports our HELOC as secured credit line?
could this be the reason as TU + EQ report it as HELOC.
crazy FICO!

xoxox Jane

I'm finding that even though EQ classifies my HELOC as rotating, I can tell from the util figure they report that they are including it as mortgage. As best as I can tell, EQ and EX are treating it as mortgage, so it's not hurting util, but TU treats it as revolving. Poo on TU. Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dizzier wrote:

On my reports, each score only counts the inqs that are on the associated CRA's, if that makes sense. So I have 2 inqs on EQ, and my EQ score counts two, and 1 on EX, and they count 1, and 0 on TU, so they count 0.

If you have 6 on EQ, and only 2 and 1 on the others, that would definitely hurt you more with EQ. Sorry, that light didn't go on when I first read this. Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.