Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Equifax so much different?

tag
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Re: Why is Equifax so much different?

A note on Equifax (or at least their subsidiary CSC here in the Lone Star State...):

On a couple of occasions I've faxed or mailed a dispute to them; then called them a couple of weeks later to check up and add another item I'd discovered.  They tend to LUMP all disputes into one basket and will take a minimum of 30 days to issue a result -- and the counting starts with the last time you contacted them.

This means if you send a dispute (via phone, fax, or mail) to them on July 15th, and then submit ANYTHING additional afterwards, say on July 25th, they will not issue a response on your account until August 25th.

I've worked in customer service and/or client relations for most of my life.  If I treated a client this way I'd lose the client and my job.  Too bad we can't fire EQ! Smiley Very Happy

FICOnater2007
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That's surprising to me. It seems to me that Equifax is the best. They always have my highest score. I had one major item that I disputed 3-4 years ago and they immediately eliminated it from my report (s). I really haven't had a problem with any of them. I've always used Suze Ormans Fico Kits as well..to settle disputes. I don't know if that has helped any because her letters are generic ones but they have worked for me.
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain!!!  I am looking to buy a new house next summer, & had checked my Experian report.  It was 687; not great, but hey I can improve.  I almost had a heart attack when my Equifax score came up as a 571!   That's 106 points difference!!!  There's no discrepancies between the reports that I can find, so I don't see how the numbers are so different! 

I guess if I can ever get this one up to 700, then my other reports should be through the roof!  HA!!
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ likes me.
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess im lucky EQ is over 66 points higher than the other 2-Ready for a lien to come off and then i can get close to 8!!
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

Equifax SUCKS!  My score with them is the lowest! 

The worst part was when me and my hubby were buying a house they put a bankrupcty that was not mines.  They did it 3 different times..  I had to contact the FTC.  Needless my scores tanked.  They did not rebound until after we brought our house.  We had to get a ARM..

We have 3 more years on the arm and I am hoping to refinance next year!

Equifax is Wack!
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

ragcajun wrote:
The worst part was when me and my hubby were buying a house they put a bankrupcty that was not mines.

Is it still there? Did you dispute CMRRR?

Message 27 of 30
shirleyland
Valued Member

Hello to all the wonderful educators on credit restoration. I have been lurking around these grounds for about two months and have found abundant of great info. I find that EQ to be the best score but the least consumer friendly with disputes. They are the only CRA's that continues to report a 1999 bankrupty that the other two CRA's has deleted! 
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, and this is really bad...
TU 710
EP 705
EQ 614 ????

checked last month, it reports the same as the others. so i don't understand why they are so low.
Had  BK back in 04 (discharged) and payed good since. the worse this is a lot of companys (credit unions & car loans) use this score. so i get hit with the worse rates.
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

KDM wrote:
I've got my three scores off myfico.com and Equifax is by far the lowest.   Anyone else have a similar situation?  Just wondering why that score is so much different than the others when they seem to be reporting the same accounts.

EQ has been a pain in the **bleep** from day one for me and continues to be.  All of my accounts report the same across the board with the exception of one extra closed, paid, positive account on EQ.  Everything is in good standing, no negatives.  73 point difference in my highest, TU,  and the lowest, EQ.  There's a 48 point difference between EX (the middle) and EQ.  Granted, the extra account reporting on EQ only is a finance compny account but that's worth a 73 point difference?  Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.