Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Experian so much higher?

tag
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

Why is Experian so much higher?

so F I N A L L Y all 3 of my scores are over 700 but my when i pulled my experian off of there web site it was 779 when my equifax is 707 and transunion 722.  Was wondering why Experian was so much higher or if it is one of the FAKO scores...?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is Experian so much higher?

@C-XRS2005 wrote:

so F I N A L L Y all 3 of my scores are over 700 but my when i pulled my experian off of there web site it was 779 when my equifax is 707 and transunion 722.  Was wondering why Experian was so much higher or if it is one of the FAKO scores...?

The score EX sells at their site is a "Plus" score and can be ignored. This is what EX says about the Plus score in the fine print: Calculated on the PLUS Score model, your Experian Credit Score indicates your relative credit risk level for educational purposes and is not the score used by lenders.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

If you got all 3 scores from EX then none of them are FICO scores. May I ask where you bought the Equifax and Transunion scores?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 4
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

only the one was from there, the other were from myfico.

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@C-XRS2005 wrote:

only the one was from there, the other were from myfico.

Good. Then you at least know the EQ and TU scores are FICO's.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.