Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Experian so slow to update?

tag
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Why is Experian so slow to update?

I paid off a good size debt last week...2 days later Transunion and Equifax bumped my score by 24 points....Experian still shows the same score from 11/16...howcome they are not adjusting at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
8 REPLIES 8
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is Experian so slow to update?

I did the same. EX and TU were updated within a couple of days, but here we are at day 5 and nothing from EQ. That one is my slow one. It could be possible that some areas of the country use one bureau more than the other so that one bureau is busier. I mean i'm in Georgia where EQ is based so they get used a lot and maybe they are just busier. I just don't get it either. I mean computers don't sleep. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 9
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Thanks, glad to see I am not alone....I'm with you, computers don't sleep, so are we waiting for some sleepy employee to "push a button"? Smiley Happy I guess I will see what happens this week.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's also possible that your creditor didn't report the change to EX.  I've had this happen with all bureaus at one point.  There's no way to tell really if the issue is the creditor reporting (or not reporting) or the bureau not updating.  Say I have an account that I know reports to the bureaus at the 17th.  Sometimes I'll see all 3 update on the 17th, where other time I'll see one has a last reported date of the 17th, another the 18th and the final one the 30th (for example).  No clue why.  You figure the electronic info is sent to all 3B on the 17th, so why the dates can vary considerably is unknown.

Message 4 of 9
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the great info. At this point, I will wait and see...I am going to give it until the 16th of the month and see if it refreshes. Looking back, they seem to take a "peek" around the 7th and 16th....I don't have my hopes up for the 7th of this point...but I could be surprised.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could also contact the creditor and request a re-reporting.  Following that, you could contact EX a few days later and mention that you had your credit re-report a few days prior [if you don't see the update] and perhaps they can address it.

Message 6 of 9
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Since the other 2 are reporting, I am pretty sure the creditor is doing their job. If I dont see an adjustment by 12/16, I will follow your advice and contact Experian.

thank you!

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian is usually always the first to update for me.

Message 8 of 9
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Just to close the loop, they finally update this morning.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.