cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is FICO report differnt then what Mortgage company says?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is FICO report differnt then what Mortgage company says?

On Friday I called bank to start the pre approval process... Loan officer told my my TU reported 595...and my EX reported 587... I just purchased both reports from this site ($30 worth of money I didnt want to spend). My TU is showing 629 and my EX is shwing 589... why/how could my reports show such a large differnce in 24 hours?

What would the bank be pulling that I am not getting? I thought a credit report was the same regardless of who pulled the report.

I really want to get into a home (would love to get in on tax credit) but I am scared of the banks rejecting my credit.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is FICO report differnt then what Mortgage company says?

With regard to your TU score, it is possible that your lender pulled the TU 04 version.  The score pulled from this website is the TU 98 version.  The scoring formulas are different, and other users have sometimes noticed large differences between the two scores.

I assume that you mean EQ (Equifax), not EX (Experian).  If so, then your Equifax score pulled from the lender and the Equifax score from this website should be the same if they were pulled on the same day.  If, however, your lender really did pull Experian, then you can't compare your Experian score to the Equifax score from here.

The credit reports the underlie each score - EQ, EX, or TU - can differ among the these bureaus, because the information contained at each can be different.  However, any score you get that is a "TransUnion" score, for example, is based on the same information.  So the TU score that you got from the lender is based on the same information that generated you TU score from here, assuming that no significant changes occurred between the time the two scores were pulled (e.g. credit card reported a new balance in the time between the two score reports).

Again, I suspect that the lender is using the newer version of the TU FICO score.  Eventually, TU 04 will be offered here, but the rollout date hasn't been set.

In any case, your scores that your lender pulled would make it very hard, if not impossible, to obtain a mortgage at this time, unless you're able to bring a substantial down payment to the table.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.