cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Fico scores different from regular credit scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is Fico scores different from regular credit scores?

I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit after making some mistakes in my 20's. I've been approved in the past 3 months for a Zales Gem Account($1200), Navy Federal Visa ( $6,000), Jared and Kay's both ($ 500), Credit one bank Visa ($300), Victoria secret ($250)!

I subscribe monthly to my free credit report from Equifax, Experian And Transunion.

EQ 485, EX 578, Trans, 664

According to my fico EQ 556, EX, 578 and Trans 594 can someone please explain the difference?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is Fico scores different from regular credit scores?

Each one has their own version of Fico

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification. My ultimate goal is to approve for a Home Depot or Lowe's Card in the spring so that I can fix up my palace. I was declined for both recently
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The scores you get off of TU, EQ and EX websites are not real Fico scores, the scores you get on MyFico are the real deal (well a real version of the Fico scores, there are so many different versions) your scores from MyFico are what you want to go by
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a Lowes card (Synchrony bank owns Lowes) and I believe they pull TU (synchrony 90% pulls TU) the TU score you get from here is called TU08 and thats the same TU fico that Synchrony pulls. I finally got in with Synchrony (walmart and amazon) when my scores were in the 620's though I read Lowes might be a little harder so when you see your MyFico scores especially your TU score get into the 650s and up (you can even try in the 620s) then I would say go for it!! Of course score is not the only thing they look at but it seems approvals have been good with synchrony once in the mid 600s
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

test

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.