cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is MY FICO score so much lower than my Credit scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is MY FICO score so much lower than my Credit scores?

I have been paying all my bills on time since 2009. I had a collections accoutn which is settled, but for some reason My FiCO shows this as a recent late payment even though it was never recent or late for that matter. My Credit scores for TU is 670, For EX is 712, but for Equifax it's 637 and my FICO score is 598? That seem s a little off. I have cash in the bank a stable work history the only thing in my what is the BS scoring system.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Re: Why is MY FICO score so much lower than my Credit scores?

Have you sent a GW letter to try to get that old collection deleted?

Most fako scores are higher than fico scores. Have you checked both your TU fico and your EQ fico?

What is your utilization %?
USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried a good will letter and they replied that ithey cannot change accurate information. Though the information is far from accurate. I have submitted proof of payment and the settlement letter to the collector and the credit agency (Equifax) to no avail. It is still showing as a balance.

My TU is 650, my EX is 620. Acording to this site my EQ is 598. My utilization is around 11%. 

Message 3 of 4
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have tried a good will letter and they replied that ithey cannot change accurate information. Though the information is far from accurate. I have submitted proof of payment and the settlement letter to the collector and the credit agency (Equifax) to no avail. It is still showing as a balance.

My TU is 650, my EX is 620. Acording to this site my EQ is 598. My utilization is around 11%. 

then if its not accurate have you filed an acutal dispute with equifax or just sent them a letter? File a dispute if you havent yet.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.