Why is TU score much higher?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is TU score much higher?

706 EX
703 EQ
771 TU

No collections, couple of lates from 4 years ago. All have 4 CC and 1 installment loan. Is that normal for TU to be higher than others?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is TU score much higher?

That's a bit strange. Usually the scores are different because one CA's might have a derog that another CA's doesn't. That's the case with my credit reports. I have no derogs on my EX and a 790 FICO score, whereas both TU and EQ have my public records which list my 2007 CH 7 and 2 judgements. My TU is lowest at 660 while EQ is 720. So it usually depends on the information each CA has. If all 3 of your CR's have the same exact derogs, but the scores are significantly different, than I'd bet one has some favorable accounts that the other/s don't and/or your average age of account or your UTI is listed considerably different from report to report.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd pull all three, compare the information listed, and try and change your lower EX and EQ to reflect similar to what TU is reporting. That's what I'm doing with TU and EQ. I'm trying to get early deletions on a couple derogs set to be removed late this year, and trying to get those 2 judgements vacated. For me, my EX score went up over 150 pts overnight when I had the only derog listed removed early. I couldn't believe a single old derog could hold my score down that much, but it certainly did. Best of luck.
Message 3 of 9
stickbowbuilder
New Contributor

tu is also based on a different scoring model, so the score will be higher for the "same" score on the other two. all three reports are the same on mine but tu is a broader model. my same report scores are eq 686, tu 747 and ex 696. 

April 15 2015 EQ 630.. rebuild credit journey, zero baddies, 13 year credit age, 4 years aa. current scores June 1 - EQ 709, EX 679, TU 754. in the garden til 10/15.. venture card is in my sights!
Message 4 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

Simple. Tu. does not have some of the negatives that are other reports. lates. collections. etc. even if you compare . you will see if asap. not all lenders report to all 3. some report. to 1. some to 2. some to all. it just depends. therefore not all reports will be the same. some things fall off faster than others as well. not hard to figure it out.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Simple. Tu. does not have some of the negatives that are other reports. lates. collections. etc. even if you compare . you will see if asap. not all lenders report to all 3. some report. to 1. some to 2. some to all. it just depends. therefore not all reports will be the same. some things fall off faster than others as well. not hard to figure it out.

Right. My TU is lower for these reasons.

Message 6 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@stickbowbuilder wrote:

tu is also based on a different scoring model, so the score will be higher for the "same" score on the other two. all three reports are the same on mine but tu is a broader model. my same report scores are eq 686, tu 747 and ex 696. 

Assuming scores are being pulled from here, they are all FICO 8 now.  That changed last year.

@OP: that much of a disparity is so far outside the design goal (+/- 30 points as I understand it) that there's got to be something different as others suggest.  Tradeline in dispute might cause it too.

        
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are all three reports showing the same CC balances?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be related to inquires hitting other files and not TransUnion. I pulled all of mine this morning and noticed only a couple of inquires on Equifax and TransUnion. There were more on Experian and yet that score was the highest.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.