cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is TrueCredit and MyFICO showing my credit score totally different?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why is TrueCredit and MyFICO showing my credit score totally different?

Well, I still pull a TrueCredit report 4-5 times a week. When you're actively working your credit, this sort of access to your reports is invaluable.

Just take them for what they're worth, which is handy access to all three reports. Same for the other services that allow daily updates. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater!

By the way, if you have incredible eyesight, they do include this, in the eensiest of fonts, pale grey on white:

Additional Information

The TransUnion TransRisk New Account Credit Score is provided to help you better understand how lenders view your credit report. It is not an endorsement or a determination of your qualification for a loan. Lenders use credit scores to help determine whether or not you are a good candidate for a loan and what interest rate you will pay. However, each lender has specific underwriting standards, so you should not assume that you will receive the same evaluation from each lender. As part of the underwriting process, they will incorporate additional information you provide and may obtain references. In addition, even if you are approved, the terms and conditions of loans vary from lender to lender. The information used to determine your credit score comes from TransUnion, one of the major credit bureaus. Credit reports are a compilation of credit information that is reported to the bureaus by the various lending institutions with which you have accounts. The information contained in your report reflects the latest information provided. If you recently made a payment, opened a new account, or authorized an inquiry, it may not yet be reflected in the credit report you receive. Likewise, it will not be reflected in your credit score. Also, disputed items are not incorporated in the assessment of your credit score. Your credit score will change each time new information is captured in your record. TrueLink is not connected in any way with Fair, Isaac and Company;
the credit score provided here is not a so-called FICO score. The credit scores of TransUnion may not be identical in every respect to any consumer credit scores produced by any other company.

But you have to be awfully dang bored to stumble across this. It's at the very bottom of the Credit Scores page.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is TrueCredit and MyFICO showing my credit score totally different?

I use TrueCredit to see any changes to my three credit reports.  It's the only one that's cheap enought.  At Freecreditreport.com it's $29.95 to see all three.  At EQ it is $29.95 to see all three & $39.95 to see all three with score .  I like the TrueCredit Service so I can pull all three with a minimum coming out of my pocket.  If I see a big enough change, THEN I will come to MYFICO and check my REAL FICO scores.  Smiley Happy

I like MYFICO's score estimator the best also.  Freecreditreport's score estimator sucks!  I can find out the two things I can do to make my TU and EQ scores go up, since EX doesn't allow for score estimator.

Edit in bold.

Message Edited by shawtycat on 11-20-2008 09:38 PM
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.