cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my EQ score so low, compared to the other two?

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Why is my EQ score so low, compared to the other two?

EQ is 629, I got this from a CLI denial from Citi in Feb.

EX is 692, and TU is 687 Walmart FICO. March scores here.

I just find it strange that it's so low compared to the others, when the others are very similar in scores? I don't know how many INQs are on EQ but its probably between the range of 6 and 8.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Why is my EQ score so low, compared to the other two?

The score you recived from Citi may be an in-house score of their own from an EQ report.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Possibly; or you may have something negative reporting on EQ that is not reported on the other two. Have you obtained your free reports yet?

You can get your free reports from annualcreditreport.com and scan the report for collections or other information which may be hurting your score.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 18
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Possibly; or you may have something negative reporting on EQ that is not reported on the other two. Have you obtained your free reports yet?

You can get your free reports from annualcreditreport.com and scan the report for collections or other information which may be hurting your score.

I pulled it once already in January. I think I had 4 INQs at the time, nothing derogoratory on the report. I'm also thinking that it might be CITI's in house score. Otherwise, I just have no idea as to why it's so low. Hopefully, my DCU membership comes in this week and I'll get their score to verify.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 18
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Looks like you recently obtained several cards/CLIs.  If the lenders pulled mostly from EQ, that might be part of the reason.

Message 5 of 18
eviLution
Established Contributor

My EQ Fico is the lowest also, but I do have 3 very recent inquiries on it that's less than 6 months old.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 6 of 18
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Possibly, but I would think they're evenly distrubuted. I could be wrong though, oh well time can only tell. Thanks for the responses guys.

Message 7 of 18
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

They are actually very rarely evenly distributed. Which report is pulled is highly dependent on geography, and so I have found many of the large lenders pull the same report. My app spree resulted in all 3 lenders pulling EX.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 18
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

My EQ is 40 points lower than TU or EX and the EQ looks better in my opinion, very clean.  I dont understand the vast difference either.

Message 9 of 18
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

My EQ is way low too. According to myfico its 534. My TU on 3/5 was 600(I think it has gone up though because my creditkarma score went up about 40pts since then to 591). And last I checked my EX was around 580.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.