Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Experian score not budging??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is my Experian score not budging??

Trying to figure out why my Experian score has not budged in nearly 2 months. Many folks here have said that utilization plays a big role in it and between new accounts and payments I've managed to get my total utilization down from 26% in June to 10% as of yesterday. Yet my score has been stuck at 637. I have 5 new CC accounts since May so I am wondering if adding the new accounts is cancelling out any gains I may have made with lowering utilization. Baddie items of note on my CRs are 2 old paid collections scheduled to fall off in 2016, three old, closed student loan accounts that have lates on them that are also scheduled to fall off in 2016 and a PIF charge off from Cap One. Are the new CC accounts and old baddies keeping my score depressed??

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is my Experian score not budging??

@Anonymous wrote:

Trying to figure out why my Experian score has not budged in nearly 2 months. Many folks here have said that utilization plays a big role in it and between new accounts and payments I've managed to get my total utilization down from 26% in June to 10% as of yesterday. Yet my score has been stuck at 637. I have 5 new CC accounts since May so I am wondering if adding the new accounts is cancelling out any gains I may have made with lowering utilization. Baddie items of note on my CRs are 2 old paid collections scheduled to fall off in 2016, three old, closed student loan accounts that have lates on them that are also scheduled to fall off in 2016 and a PIF charge off from Cap One. Are the new CC accounts and old baddies keeping my score depressed??

I have no clue...but I have a loan error, a 120 day late payment, just one, on my lowest loan of 2k...thats it... my ex was at 670-680 for some time... every other score has went up up up...experian is very slow moving for me. At first I thought it was Amex not reporting ...but no, thats not it.

What I dont get is, how in the bloody heck did my amex ED with a 5k limit, that being added, not raise my experian? it sure did for the other 2. My BOA AU also raised the other 2. Lowering my util from 30 to below 10, also helped my other two....craziness......I also have several new accounts since april/may.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.