cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my Trans union fico from lender different than my fico score from myfico???????????????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is my Trans union fico from lender different than my fico score from myfico???????????????

I paid and pull my fico score from myfico a noon today and it was 611 which almost made me not go for a mortgage  when the bank pulled it at 2:30pm on the same day my transunion Empirica score was 683 and good to go.  thats a 72 point difference and it made me wish i had saved my money from buying my fico score from this site.  This site offfers great information and has helped me alot in rebuilding my credit but it im not getting accurate scores then why buy i might as well get a fako at least it was closer by 50 points.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: Why is my Trans union fico from lender different than my fico score from myfico???????????????

They could have pulled a Mortgage enhanced score

which would be different.  I could be wrong on this

hoping a MOD can chime in.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is my Trans union fico from lender different than my fico score from myfico???????????????

vwe
@Anonymous wrote:

I paid and pull my fico score from myfico a noon today and it was 611 which almost made me not go for a mortgage  when the bank pulled it at 2:30pm on the same day my transunion Empirica score was 683 and good to go.  thats a 72 point difference and it made me wish i had saved my money from buying my fico score from this site.  This site offfers great information and has helped me alot in rebuilding my credit but it im not getting accurate scores then why buy i might as well get a fako at least it was closer by 50 points.

Welcome to the forums.

I agree that the lender may have pulled a mortgage enhanced TU score which would explain a difference. Plus the TU score here is the older TU98 version which is still used by many lenders but is being replaced more and more by the newer TU04 and TU08 versions.

All the versions score factors a bit differently and this also would account for the point variance you saw.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bigdawg,

Did you pull an Equifax FICO score here?  Or a TransUnion FICO score?

I'm asking because of your other post which, IIRC, indicates you have a BK on your Equifax; which is no longer reporting on your TransUnion??

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i pulled both  but i could only compare one which was the transunion

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, good!

Given that the BK is still on your Equifax, what is your Equifax FICO score?  If you don't mind sharing......Smiley Wink  Inquiring minds like to know these kinds of things (well, at least here on the myfico boards they do)!

Message 6 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Transunion, and all the CRAs, sell many, many many variations of their FICO scores, this is just a partial list:

Product CodeOld NameNew Name
002EMPIRICA 95FICO® Risk Score, Classic (95)
004EMPIRICA PF 95FICO® Risk Score, Classic Personal Finance (95)
008EMPIRICA AU 95FICO® Risk Score, Classic Auto (95)
016EMPIRICA IL 95FICO® Risk Score, Classic Installment Loan (95)
950EMPIRICA SCOREFICO® Risk Score, Classic (98)
990EMPIRICA AUFICO® Risk Score, Classic Auto (98)
991EMPIRICA ILFICO® Risk Score, Classic Installment Loan (98)
992EMPIRICA PFFICO® Risk Score, Classic Personal Finance (98)
993EMPIRICA BCFICO® Risk Score, Classic Bankcard (98)
P02EMPIRICA 2004*FICO® Risk Score, Classic (04)
256EMPIRICA BC 95FICO® Risk Score, Classic Bankcard (95)

I'm guessing that your LO pulled the installment loan variety.    The TU version you can buy at MyFico is just the classic '98 variety.

Confused yet ?   I know I am.   Smiley Frustrated 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is possible that your lender pulled a different version of TU (ie: Mortgage enhanced, 08, 04)

myFICO's TU FICO score is a TU98 score.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.