cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is one score so much lower than the others with the same history??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is one score so much lower than the others with the same history??

My husband and I were considering purchasing a car for our daughter. When he called our credit union, we were turned down for credit. This has never happened to us. We recently re-fifnanced our mortgage and got a very favorable 3.75% rate. We took out our credit reports, thinking there must be a mistake on the reports. We couldn't find any. All accounts were paid as agreed. No late payments. Paid more than the minimums on revolving. No collections, no charge offs, nothing. We do carry a fair amount of  credit card debt. We have a child with severe medical needs and substantial amounts of his care have not been covered by insurance for the last four years (between $1,500 and $2,000 a month). Anyway, I decided to get our credit scores. For Equifax and Experian they hovered between 670 and 690, but for TransUnion we were at 585!!!! What is that??? Can someone please explain this????

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Why is one score so much lower than the others with the same history??

Going side by side over your 3 reports and not finding anything different is definitely weird for that big of a score difference. 

TransUnion, from my research hates balances on CCs.It seems like they count auto and morgage loans along with revolving balances.

the 670 fico scores are they the general 08 ones or auto specific score?

For a while I was severely dinged on my TU auto Fico score for some reason, it was nearly 80 points less than my Tu fico 08. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.