cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there such a huge discrepancy between my FICO scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is there such a huge discrepancy between my FICO scores?

Hi all,

this is my current FICO scores after a good amount of CCs and loans that I've obtained this month:

EQ: 642

TransUnipn: 636

Experian: 609

I currently have just a little bit under 7K in CCs debt. I did a score simulator on all three if I paif off all of my CCs debt and here re the results:

EQ: 750

TRansUnion: 654

Expeeian: 659

why is there such almost 100 pts between EQ & the other two?

i do have an open collection that is almost 7 years old and its set to expired on 02/2015. But still 100 pts is a day and night different. What could be the cause for this? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to garden and bring all my scores above 700s by 03/2015.

thank you all

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why is there such a huge discrepancy between my FICO scores?

Take the score simulator with a grain of salt.  I assume the scores were all from here?

That said, a collection if it's just on EX/TU is a different bucket at a minimum though given it's age I suspect there might be something else going on as well (missing positive tradeline?) IF we make the assumption that the simulator is 100% accurate... which I can't.

Not enough information posted to make a swag at the difference, but if you pay the debt and you do get that much variation between the bureaus on the same scoring model (which myFICO is currently), I'd take a hard look at my reports for something off beyond just the collection personally as an old collection alone won't keep a FICO 8 score beneath 700, my going on 4 year old collection doesn't.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is there such a huge discrepancy between my FICO scores?

Yea the scores and simulator are from here. But I dug deeper into my credit reports and I found out EQUIFAX doesn't list my collection anymore. only TU and EX do so that's why. Thanks Smiley Happy I guess by 02/2015 I will be starting completely fresh all over again. And hopefully my other two scores will be way over 700s. Back to the garden I go.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.