Visitor

Why isn't this score better?

My score is 630. Eight years ago I had a bankruptcy. Since then no delinquincies, never a late payment. Same employer for the last 7.5 years. I had a mortgage and paid it off,(22k for a cabin I was living in). I got a car loan and paid it off. I got a credit card and pay it in full every month. Credit limit is 5K. I never charge more than 30 percent of credit limit, usually much less. I have one other credit card I used for a while, but don't anymore. Credit limit is 2K. I am an authorized user on a Home Depot card, which was used once for a bathroom remodel and paid off in 6 months. I have no other debt. Oh, and I'm cute. Why don't I have a better score?!
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why isn't this score better?

Can We assume the BK was a Ch7? So it is still hanging on a bit?

Your scores are not that bad.

You have not open Mortgage or installment loans.
You have a limited Revolving history.

Inactive cards are like ugly chicks- they have to get taken out every now and then, even if you don't want too
(this was a play off your CUTE)

I say use that other card at least every 6 months-
Get a small personal loan from your bank/credit union

Then Time is your friend.
Visitor

Re: Why isn't this score better?

I called my bank for a small loan and explained that I was trying to raise my score. The loan officer checked my score for me and it's up to 698 since I last checked...and he said he would loan to me at A rates. He also advised me not to take out a loan I didn't really need, since it might not help the score to get new credit. Just give it some more time.

Looks like things are working out better than I expected. Thanks very much for the advice!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.