Visitor
AKJean

Why isn't this score better?

My score is 630. Eight years ago I had a bankruptcy. Since then no delinquincies, never a late payment. Same employer for the last 7.5 years. I had a mortgage and paid it off,(22k for a cabin I was living in). I got a car loan and paid it off. I got a credit card and pay it in full every month. Credit limit is 5K. I never charge more than 30 percent of credit limit, usually much less. I have one other credit card I used for a while, but don't anymore. Credit limit is 2K. I am an authorized user on a Home Depot card, which was used once for a bathroom remodel and paid off in 6 months. I have no other debt. Oh, and I'm cute. Why don't I have a better score?!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Why isn't this score better?

Can We assume the BK was a Ch7? So it is still hanging on a bit?

Your scores are not that bad.

You have not open Mortgage or installment loans.
You have a limited Revolving history.

Inactive cards are like ugly chicks- they have to get taken out every now and then, even if you don't want too
(this was a play off your CUTE)

I say use that other card at least every 6 months-
Get a small personal loan from your bank/credit union

Then Time is your friend.
Visitor
AKJean

Re: Why isn't this score better?

I called my bank for a small loan and explained that I was trying to raise my score. The loan officer checked my score for me and it's up to 698 since I last checked...and he said he would loan to me at A rates. He also advised me not to take out a loan I didn't really need, since it might not help the score to get new credit. Just give it some more time.

Looks like things are working out better than I expected. Thanks very much for the advice!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}