Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no EQ increase?

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Why no EQ increase?

I got a ScoreWatch alert today but I didn't get ANY change in my score! It was the only change in my report (I compared it to my USAA CMS report updated today), so why wouldn't I get some kind of bump? It's a closed account, could that be the reason? They lure me in to believing that my Fico score could go up, then BAM! No increase to be found. Do I have to wait a day or so before the new score is calculated? 

Ugh.

Description: Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance 

Auto Loan

Status:Not more than four payments past duePays account as agreed
Last activity:1/1/20111/1/2011

How account changes impact your score:
The following are reasons why a change to an account can cause your FICO® score to go up. (A change to an account in the opposite direction can cause your score to go down.)
  • The status of the account improved. For example, the status went from "60 days past due" to "currently paid as agreed". An improvement in account status demonstrates an ability to pay debts.
  • The balance on the account decreased. Generally, less debt is better for your FICO® score.
  • The amount past due on the account decreased. This demonstrates your ability to meet your financial obligations.
  • The credit limit on the account was raised while the balance stayed the same. Since carrying a balance too close to the credit limit is a sign of a consumer who needs credit and cannot pay it back, a higher credit limit actually helps your FICO® score.
  • The history of late payments or description for this account is revised to be less derogatory. For example, if a late payment on your account was mistakenly reported, correcting this on your credit report may help your score
AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why no EQ increase?

Any credit change would have resulted in a FICO change, if that change had led to a score increase. What changed within the TL? MyFICO and USAA only show the last two years of history. Did any lates drop? You can have a "paid as agreed" but still have lates showing in the past.

Part of the alert is redacted. What is the before and after comments change?

Message 2 of 5
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

The TL hasn't changed any, but the comments and payment status changed in my favor. 

Ugh. Still...

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 3 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I feel your pain.  I have had some major things happen that I thought would surely cause a score increase.  I got nothin.  And other times I got more than I would expect.  You just never know.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 5
gsxraddict
Valued Member

if you have other negative tl's remaining, then don't expect a Fico increase.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.