Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no Experian included with myFICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why no Experian included with myFICO?

Just curious as to why only Equifax and TransUnion are the only scores here. Doesn't Experian matter too? Do creditors just not use Experian as much as the other two? My lowest score is with Experian and it's a big difference from the higher scores I get here with myFICO's two. Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why no Experian included with myFICO?

Just noticed some posts about Experian being fake. I'm getting mine from experian.com. I assume cancelling is recommended? However I just issued 2 disputes with items on my report there. I'm afraid the disputes won't get processed if I cancel my membership mid-review. Even if the score I see is the fake "Plus" score, I hope if the disputes go in my favor, my true Experian score, wherever that is hidden, will benefit. So no way to know my true Exp score? Thank you.
Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Just curious as to why only Equifax and TransUnion are the only scores here. Doesn't Experian matter too? Do creditors just not use Experian as much as the other two? My lowest score is with Experian and it's a big difference from the higher scores I get here with myFICO's two. Thank you.

Hello and welcome.

For whatever reason Experian decided in 2/2009 to stop selling their FICO to any consumer from any source. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You can always just ignore the Plus score from Experian, but keep their credit monitoring service.    Unfortunately there is no correlation from FAKO scores back to FICO scores, so you won't be able to guess or infer anything about one from the other.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.