Reply
Regular Contributor
lolabelle
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎11-03-2009
0

Why such a difference in average age of accounts?

Just for kicks, I set up a CreditKarma account.  I'm sort of ignoring my score there, but the weird thing is that it has my AAoA as 3 years, 1 month, which is over 3.5 years less than I've seen reported anywhere else (including here).  It also says my oldest account is ~7 years when, others report it as 17 years.  Weird.  Does anyone know why this would be?


Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo
Posts: 4,237
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Why such a difference in average age of accounts?

Credit Karma uses your Trans Union report exclusively.  Is there an acct that is on your Equifax or Experian that does not report to TU?  That could be the difference.  Not all cards & loans report to all 3.  Most do, but you will find some that do not.



Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

Valued Contributor
Gunnar419
Posts: 1,159
Registered: ‎01-23-2013
0

Re: Why such a difference in average age of accounts?

[ Edited ]

lolabelle wrote:

Just for kicks, I set up a CreditKarma account.  I'm sort of ignoring my score there, but the weird thing is that it has my AAoA as 3 years, 1 month, which is over 3.5 years less than I've seen reported anywhere else (including here).  It also says my oldest account is ~7 years when, others report it as 17 years.  Weird.  Does anyone know why this would be?


Credit Karma doesn't count closed accounts in its AAoA calculations. That could be part of it. It should still be seeing the age of your oldest account correctly, though, as long as TU has the correct info and as long as the account is still open.

 

CK has been a little glitchy lately as it transitions to a new site design and weekly, rather than daily, updates. This wouldn't be the first oddball thing people have reported from CK in the last few weeks.

 

Super Contributor
MidnightVoice
Posts: 8,161
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Why such a difference in average age of accounts?


Gunnar419 wrote:
Credit Karma doesn't count closed accounts in its AAoA calculations. That could be part of it.

 


That is what I found

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Frequent Contributor
GMCSierraDenali
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎02-19-2013
0

Re: Why such a difference in average age of accounts?


BungalowMo wrote:

Credit Karma uses your Trans Union report exclusively.  Is there an acct that is on your Equifax or Experian that does not report to TU?  That could be the difference.  Not all cards & loans report to all 3.  Most do, but you will find some that do not.


What this guy said.

      

      


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}