cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the MASSIVE difference between my Transunion, Equifax, Experian and my REAL FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why the MASSIVE difference between my Transunion, Equifax, Experian and my REAL FICO score?

My Equifax, Transunion and Experian scores are all in the 780+ range.  My Bank recently pulled my report for a mortgage via
RELS REPORTING SERVICE and they say my score is 709?????  What could be the reason for such a huge difference in scores?  Very confused....

Any ideas guys?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why the MASSIVE difference between my Transunion, Equifax, Experian and my REAL FICO score?

@Anonymous wrote:

My Equifax, Transunion and Experian scores are all in the 780+ range.  My Bank recently pulled my report for a mortgage via
RELS REPORTING SERVICE and they say my score is 709?????  What could be the reason for such a huge difference in scores?  Very confused....

Any ideas guys?

Where did you get your EQ, EX, and TU scores from and what score is the 709?  You have three different "real FICO" scores - 1 EX, 1 EQ, 1 TU.  The three 780+ scores you are referring to are probably FAKO EQ, EX, and TU which makes them meaningless as lenders do not use them.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why the MASSIVE difference between my Transunion, Equifax, Experian and my REAL FICO score?

I got my scores directly from the Credit Reporting official sites; i.e I went to Transunion to get my Transunion score, etc....

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my scores directly from the Credit Reporting official sites; i.e I went to Transunion to get my Transunion score, etc....

What score did your bank give you (your choices are TU, EX, or EQ)?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU......

Message 5 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

If you have gotten your scores from the CRAs directly, then actually you didn't get FICO scores, you got "FAKO" scores, meaning they're not real FICO scores.

True FICO scores can only be gotten a few places. From what I can recall, for EQ FICO, you can get it here on myfico.com and *some* EQ products have it. You have to read the description closely and look for the FICO trademark. The *only* EQ FICO products available from EQ are here: http://www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

Here's a page that describes the difference between the EQ FICO and FAKO: https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/244/~/equifax-credit-score%E2%84%A2-vs-fico%E2%AE-s...

For TU FICO, again you can get it here at myfico.com, or free with a Walmart credit card (which I just got, primarily to have my TU FICO Smiley Tongue)

EX FICO isn't avail for purchase anywhere. You can get it w/a lender/bank pull or if you're able to join PSECU (credit union in PA - where you have to be a resident). 

There's often a big diff between FAKOs and FICOs, and no direct correlation (e.g. One isn't consistently a certain amount higher or lower than the other.)

HTH! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply..  I guessed as much, but my Wife's scores are in the 760 range from the bureas, but 740+ on the FICO..  Why mine are so disparate is where my confusion lies....

Cheers...

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Because FAKO scores use a different formula and because they are so unreliable, lenders won't use them. They factor in stuff that FICO does not, and vice versa.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.