cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the large discrepancy between myFICO and PNC???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why the large discrepancy between myFICO and PNC???

I pulled my scores from myFICO yesterday.  They showed 647, 630, and 643.  PNC bank pulled my scores so that I could get pre-qualified for a mortgage and they showed me at 634, 585, and 559.  

If this site had properly reported my scores, I would not have wasted my time requesting to be pre-qualified.  I feel like I wasted $60 paying for my scores on this site...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why the large discrepancy between myFICO and PNC???

PNC is using a different scoring model.  "most" lenders use FICO of some version....could be a different FICO version or it could be a proprietary scoring model of their own.  Sorry it happened.  Regardless, raising your FICO scores will also raise other scores as well (eventually).

Message 2 of 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I pulled my scores from myFICO yesterday.  They showed 647, 630, and 643.  PNC bank pulled my scores so that I could get pre-qualified for a mortgage and they showed me at 634, 585, and 559.  

If this site had properly reported my scores, I would not have wasted my time requesting to be pre-qualified.  I feel like I wasted $60 paying for my scores on this site...

The scores you pulled here on myfico, did you only look at FICO 8 scores, or are these the reflected mortgage scores that are also provided, along with bankcard score, auto score, FICO 9, etc. ?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure which MyFico package you pulled but login and click "Scores" at the top and you should be able to see ALL your scores, not just FICO 08.

Mortgage lenders don't generally use FICO 08 but the MyFico "Scores" page should show you all your various scores, including common mortgage ones.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi mattfrancois,

Thanks for your post.  I do have a question for you though, and it appears that others have asked similar questions, but myFICO provides more than just 3 of your FICO scores.  You are aware that myFICO provides nearly 30 true FICO scores.  There are many models included in that nearly 30 FICO scores.  Would you tell us which model of FICO scores were provided by PNC Bank?  As you are looking to apply for a mortgage, perhaps they used the mortgage FICO score models?

I have browsed their website, and even there they recommend:

Get your three free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com and to consider and getting a copy of your FICO scores from myFICO.

So, can we get a little more information from you regarding the myFICO model scores you posted, as well as the models that PNC pulled?

Thanks so much in advance.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.