Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my score change?

tag
1gr8deal
Valued Member

Why won't my score change?

I filed a chapter 7 BK which was discharged in Oct of 2008. I currently have 5 open cc accounts, Visa and Mastercard, no store cards. These range  from 1.5 to 2.4 yrs in age. Overall AAoA is 6yrs 2 months.  I have a car loan that is only 10 months old.

My Fico score from this site is currently 651 up from 650. This increase happened after I paid my cc balances down from approx  41% to 9%

I have had no lates or collections in over 4 years. The only negatives on my report are pre BK. 

Why won't my score move up?

The information that is showing for why my score is low lists

1. You have a public record, serious delinquency and a collection on your credit report.

The public record is the BK and the serious delinquencies and collection are pre BK.

2.You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.

All derogatories are pre BK, but I have some accounts that are listed as Current Status 90 days past due or current status BK  and a

Status as of Feb 2012. I don't know why these accounts are updating this way but several are.

Status as of Date opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Account number [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Scheduled Payment Amount [?]Industry
Aug, 2010
May, 2006
Dec, 2007
XXXXXXXXX9339
$127,920
Installment
Individual
$984
All Banks
Descriptions [?]
  • Account transferred or sold
  • Real estate mortgage

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$090 days past due
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
2 times (Jan 2008, Dec 2007)
1 time (Feb 2008)
0 times
Worst Delinquency [?]
60 days past due

The above account is a mortgage account that was transferred just prior to the BK filing. The payments weren't really late they were actually paid to the company the loan was transferred to and both of these account show as negative. They have the same date opened the same amount but different closing dates

Could these accounts be the reason my score is stuck? Is FICO interpreting these accounts as currently past due?

There are several other accounts that have a negative status and a current date of status. Is this my problem?

The other reasons FICO gives for low score are the reaching for straw ones like 

3.Length of credit history, mine is over 10 yrs

4. You have recently been seeking credit there are 4 inquires. These are from the car loan and an app for a credit union checking and savings (no cc or loan app at this time.)

Can anyone shed some light on this and let me know what I can do to get my score to go up?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Why won't my score change?

1. You have a public record, serious delinquency and a collection on your credit report.

The public record is the BK and the serious delinquencies and collection are pre BK.

This is why ~ IMO your BK is likely the main reason, it is only 3.5 years old.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
1gr8deal
Valued Member

So I can't get above 650 until my BK falls off my reports?

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@1gr8deal wrote:

So I can't get above 650 until my BK falls off my reports?

Not saying that.   I think that your score will improve as the BK ages, just at a slower rate.   

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.