cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would my credit union be showing a different Experian score???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would my credit union be showing a different Experian score???

I use Experian Credit Tracker and my FICO is showing 661 today; yesterday it was 650. I've been working with my credit union who uses Experian and when they ran my credit, it was like 30 points LESS than what Experian credit tracker is showing. Earlier this week they showed 622 and today they show 629. I understand that they're using the Fico version 8. Why would it be so different???? Is'nt that what Experian credit tracker uses????

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Why would my credit union be showing a different Experian score???

@Anonymous wrote:

I use Experian Credit Tracker and my FICO is showing 661 today; yesterday it was 650. I've been working with my credit union who uses Experian and when they ran my credit, it was like 30 points LESS than what Experian credit tracker is showing. Earlier this week they showed 622 and today they show 629. I understand that they're using the Fico version 8. Why would it be so different???? Is'nt that what Experian credit tracker uses????

Experian Credit Tracker uses FICO 8. On the credit score products page of the Experian Credit Tracker site it says that the score is FICO 8 and it gives a disclaimer that your CU or other creditor may use a different FICO score.

Are you sure that your CU uses FICO 8 and not the FICO mortgage scores?  Ask your CU what version FICO score they use

Message 2 of 4
JLK93
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Most Experian pulling credit unions seem to use Ex 98. That is probably why it is different than the EX 08 score provided by Credit Tracker.

Message 3 of 4
ddemari
Super Contributor

What Credit Union are you talking about? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.