Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would my score be lowered by...

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Why would my score be lowered by...

I have a service that I use to monitor all 3 agencies, it gives me FAKO scores, and when it changes, I pull my FICO scores, I save a few bucks doing it that way, any how....

Before I update my fico scores I wanted to see if anyone had some thoughts as to why my Transunion FAKO score would go down from 795 to 758 after a paid collection came off my credit this month.

It was a derog and a collection paid or not.

All other things remained the same. All CC balances 0. Well one other thing changed at the same time. I got the complimentary $200 CLI from BBRZMC without a pull.

I cant understand an almost 40 point dip in the fako.

Will the FICO have the same dip, or is it just because its a FAKO.....

Any input is appreciated

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why would my score be lowered by...

The drop can be contributed to either football season ending or the full moon going away...one of the two I bet. j/k Smiley Tongue

There's no rhyme or reason to FAKOs. Many think that if a FAKO drops then the FICO must have dropped too. Definitely not true always. One can go up and the other down or vice-versa. I like using this analogy: if my orange has 6 seeds, will my apple have 6 seeds too? The two never equate and therefore FAKOs should be ignored.

I know that some FAKOs factor CAs into your history and maybe that's it. Who knows?! Back when we could pull EX FICO scores from here, I also had a CA removed. My EX FAKO dropped 8 points as this CA was one of my oldest. My EX FICO spiked up 58 points partly because FICO excludes CAs from the history (and because CAs never help your FICO).

Message 2 of 3
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why would my score be lowered by...

LOL, I couldnt take it anymore..... I made it......dont believe it, but I made it.

709 on transunion and 765 on equifax ......................................SWEET, guess ill just use the credit portion of the report and not the FAKO....

Thanks for the reply...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.