cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wide disparity between EX Score pulled from MYFICO and FreeCreditReport...what gives?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wide disparity between EX Score pulled from MYFICO and FreeCreditReport...what gives?

I've been working on my scores for two years and have brought them up significantly in that time.  In 2007 my scores were in the low 500's and here in early January they were as follows:

TU: 639

EQ: 657

EX: 638

I pulled my the my EQ and TU reports yesterday and the scores were as follows:

TU: 641

EQ: 669

In an effort to get some kind of score from EX I pulled a free credit report from the site with the singing idiots yesterday and found that my actual credit report had not changed one iota.  However, the score they gave on the last page of the report indicated a Plus Credit Score of 520!?

That's an almost 120 point drop since January with absolutely no changes to the underlying data!

Is this the result of EX issuing a FAKO score versus a FICO score or what?  Any thoughts on what's going on here?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Wide disparity between EX Score pulled from MYFICO and FreeCreditReport...what gives?

Well FICO and FAKO are different. When you get it from myFICO, you are getting the real FICO score. When you get from FreeCreditReport, you are getting Experian's FAKO useless score based on their Vantage/Plus model. Don't waste your money, no one uses it, no one cares about it and it means near nothing. Hope that clears it up for you.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Wide disparity between EX Score pulled from MYFICO and FreeCreditReport...what gives?

Well FICO and FAKO are different. When you get it from myFICO, you are getting the real FICO score. When you get from FreeCreditReport, you are getting Experian's FAKO useless score based on their Vantage/Plus model. Don't waste your money, no one uses it, no one cares about it and it means near nothing. Hope that clears it up for you.

Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

dally4u wrote:

In an effort to get some kind of score from EX I pulled a free credit report from the site with the singing idiots yesterday ...

Smiley Very Happy ROFLMBO

Hi, daily, welcome to the forums!

+ as to what Guardian said. The Vantage scores (and PLUS scores, and TransRisk scores, and Bubba's House of Live Bait and Credit Scores scores) are derived from completely different formulas than the FICO scores, so they are very much apples and oranges. No correlation whatsoever.

That's an impressive FICO/ FAKO differential! But as long as the actual data on the report hasn't changed, your FICO EX probably hasn't much changed either, other than a possible inching upward, paralleling the changes in your TU and EQ.

*heads off to work singing I married my dream girl, I married my dream girl...*
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
.....and Bubba's House of Live Bait and Credit Scores scores

I pulled mine from Bubba's House of Live Bait yesterday and scored a "crawdad" on TU. It was an improvement over last month's score of "earthworm".

Message 4 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

llecs wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I pulled mine from Bubba's House of Live Bait yesterday and scored a "crawdad" on TU. It was an improvement over last month's score of "earthworm".

Who says that consumers can't improve their scores with hard work??

You'll be a cricket before long! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-20-2009 11:55 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 8
MattH
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Who says that consumers can't improve their scores with hard work??

You'll be a cricket before long! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-20-2009 11:55 AM

I'm visualizing the Master in some cheesy martial arts flick "You are learning, Grasshopper."

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 6 of 8
Guardian
Valued Contributor

You are all too funny. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually spent a few hours reading through the forums here and understand much more about EX as they relate to my question/issue.  It was just startling to see, whether or not it's a real number or not.

It's interesting to note that my EX score has usually lagged behind my TU score by a few points over the past 24 months or so.  So I guess I can assume that that's still the case.  I'll just watch the actual credit report and monitor the items on the report.

Thank ya.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.