Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widest FAKO gap I have ever had

tag
coterotie
Established Contributor

Widest FAKO gap I have ever had

So I pulled my CK Fako yesterday.  Wham! excellent credit and 759.  But you can't get excited about that as WalMart has my TU score at 632 and USAA TU at 638.  Usually the difference is only 20 or 30 points.  More than 100 is pretty wild.

Good thing I don't actually PAY for this score.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Widest FAKO gap I have ever had

@coterotie wrote:

So I pulled my CK Fako yesterday.  Wham! excellent credit and 759.  But you can't get excited about that as WalMart has my TU score at 632 and USAA TU at 638.  Usually the difference is only 20 or 30 points.  More than 100 is pretty wild.

Yep, they can sometimes be waaaayy off from FICO scores ~ hence it's best to ignore FAKOs and focus on the information on your reports.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 11
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@coterotie wrote:

Yep, they can sometimes be waaaayy off from FICO scores ~ hence it's best to ignore FAKOs and focus on the information on your reports.

But you should still be able to compare the FAKO score to previous ones and try to guage what changes there have been to warrant the score change.  Consider it an educational score. With enough pulls you may be able to discerne their scoring algorithm to some extent.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 3 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Roarmeister wrote:

But you should still be able to compare the FAKO score to previous ones and try to guage what changes there have been to warrant the score change.  Consider it an educational score. With enough pulls you may be able to discerne their scoring algorithm to some extent.

True, but remember that FAKOs many times will move in opposite directions from FICO scores.    For example, closed credit cards might tank a FAKO score, but have no effect on FICO.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 11
user5387
Valued Contributor

If you compare a FAKO to itself month by month, you should be able to detect big-ticket changes like a major new derogatory.

Beyond that, it might be difficult.  For example, if your FAKO goes down 10 points based on some event, that's not the same as saying that FICO scoring would judge the event with the same magnitude, or even in the same direction.

Message 5 of 11
coterotie
Established Contributor

Just for giggles updated my wife's CK.  While mine is 120 points higher, hers is 75 points lower.  A CK of 610 vs. a myFico of 685. 

Can't make this stuff up (although it appears the CR agencies and the other hangers on do). Smiley Tongue

@user5387 wrote:

If you compare a FAKO to itself month by month, you should be able to detect big-ticket changes like a major new derogatory.

Beyond that, it might be difficult.  For example, if your FAKO goes down 10 points based on some event, that's not the same as saying that FICO scoring would judge the event with the same magnitude, or even in the same direction.

Message 6 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@user5387 wrote:

Unfortunately given the implementation of some of them it's hard to discern.  My silly IRS tax lien hammered my TU and EX '08 scores, moved EQ '04 by 4-5 points, and my CK TU new accounts score and whatever CS uses, had large jumps upward: presumably from inquiries fading and my hitting a 1 year boundary on all of my tradelines and 2 years on my initial accounts and that overweighing the additional public record being added (EX/TU both have 3 now) but it's definitely not tracking closely to FICO.  Both monitoring services tracked the public record being added prior to the score updating so it wasn't a reporting delay.

It's a pointless exercise in my opinion to try to derive any value out of FAKO's: if they're never going to be used by a lender, frankly it's a waste of my time Smiley Happy.

        
Message 7 of 11
Involver
Valued Contributor

My TU FAKO is 738. EX is 607, lol.
Message 8 of 11
Involver
Valued Contributor

Oh whoops variation between FICO and FAKO of same CRA. Disregard that post lol.
Message 9 of 11
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

My fico is 660 due to high utilization.Working on paying it down. One of my fakos is 570.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.