Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife's FICO updated but not mine?

tag
jhfghg
Established Member

Wife's FICO updated but not mine?

Good morning,

My wife and I  have a joint card with Home Depot ,we received a rather hefty(for us) increase on the card,going from $700 to 1200. My wife's myFico account was updated Friday but mine has not, what could cause this? She also got a nice +45 point FICO jump.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Wife's FICO updated but not mine?

I dont know the reason but can say in our experiences the primary name (first name on application) for joint accounts has always been updated first.

It doesnt always happen but that has been our experience. The secondary name is usually updated shortly there after.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, are you saying the only change alone is the CLI? This isn't a new account, right?

What is your before and after utilization % with this CLI?

Message 3 of 8
jhfghg
Established Member

Not a new account,we have had it for 7 years.

Utilization before was 22.7% and went to 13.2%.

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm guessing you are using ScoreWatch? SW doesn't alert you to CLIs or balance decreases, but will alert you to balance increases. So, if the CLI occurred w/ a balance increase on the latest statement you should have received an alert at about the same time as your spouse for the balance increase at the least. If your FICO score changed at the same time as the balance increase, then SW would throw out your latest EQ FICO along with the alert.

Not every drop in util will result in a change in score though. I've hit the same percentages that you have with no FICO score change. Everyone's credit is different and responds differently based off what is reporting already. For example, a 45 pt jump is very impressive and assuming that the CLI was the only change on her report it would mean that util was much, much higher on hers than yours. That extra $500 made a big impact and probably changed her util by 50% I'm guessing. Conversely, your util changed less than 10% by the CLI and that may not have been enough to move your scores. It's always a YMMV thing. I once paid down util from 89% to 1% and saw an increase of 125 pts on EQ FICO. Someone else could do the exact same with the exact same balances and see less than half of a gain if other factors are weighing on that report like baddies, PRs, new credit, etc.

Message 5 of 8
jhfghg
Established Member

So if I updated my Fico score/credit report there could be new information on there,it just might not have been triggered due to the nature of the settings?

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@jhfghg wrote:

So if I updated my Fico score/credit report there could be new information on there,it just might not have been triggered due to the nature of the settings?

Check out the Score Watch Guide . It shows what SW will and won't catch. It'll provide credit alerts via EQ for added accounts, added baddies, account stati changes, added lates, new inquiries, balance increases, changes in account comments, and some others. It won't alert to dropped accounts, dropped balances, dropped inquiries, CLIs or CLDs, and others.

Absent any changes to your report, SW will monitor your EQ FICO score for changes every 7-10 days. If your target score found within Settings is hit or surpassed due to a score change, then SW will send out an alert for that score change. For max results, always set your target score to exactly match your current EQ FICO. That way if your score increases or decreases, you'll get alerted.

Assuming nothing triggered a credit alert for your spouse, then the +45 came from a score alert when the score was monitored next. Definitely change that target score to match the new one. 

Message 7 of 8
jhfghg
Established Member

Thank you,I changed the scores as advised on both. Guess I will sit back and see what happens.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.