Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildly varying scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wildly varying scores

Nobody in their right mind can argue that you shouldn't get a score bump for paying a collection.  It is such an obviousl flaw in FICO that I can't believe it still works that way.   For example, I have a CA who won't agree to delete, so I'm not paying them.    What is the point of this?   I'd like to pay and I'm sure they would like me to pay, but because of this ass backwards system I have my hands tied as I'm not going to give up my shred of leverage without something in return. 

CA's have way too much power to screw with peoples credit scores.   As consumers our only weapon to fight back is their own stupidity.  The best and brightest typically don't work for collection agencies.   I have purposely baited a CA into an FDCPA violation and used the threat of my lawsuit to get them to delete on two seperate occasions.   Sometimes you have to beat them at their own game.

But yes, this whole system is ridiculous.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wildly varying scores

Ok yet ANOTHER update.

I hope all are making way in a positive direction on their own credit fronts.  Here's my current status.

Virtually all CA's I have paid have made their way through the system and updated, EXCEPT  EQ.  So here goes.

Pulled info first via Experian and obtained my score directly from them.  Score at EXP as of May 8 was 639 then a collection hit and dropped to 582 on May 25.  Then on July 31 up to 601....so I'm thinking Ok we're getting there.  Then today I decided to update that info at Experian and found that the score is up to 658!!!!!! Whooo Hooo!!

So I decided to check TU.  I first went to Credit Karma and updated there and the score at TU was showing that my score was 624 which is up from the 617 my lender was reporting earlier in the month.  However, I went straight to the TU website and pulled it there and the score is 756!  Wow!  Could this be real?

Now the one that is seriously puzzling me is EQ.  I was at 618 and got an alert that GreenTree Servicing had opened an "insvestigation" on an account from several years back.  I DID NOT initiate the investigation, they did.  At any rate the score dipped to 609.   I was told by EQ that the dip in score was related to the investigation and that once that investigation was complete the points "may" be restored.  I've recieved notice from GreenTree that the investigation was complete on their end, over a week ago.  But no restoration of points. 

Spent about half an hour with EQ on the phone today where they corrected my morgage being reported twice, and then changed 2 accounts from installment to revolving which I needed.  So everything looks pretty straight on there.

There are three CA's that haven't updated to "paid" on the EQ and one from RJM Acquisitions hasn't deleted yet has they promised.

So I'm making some progress.  But I am confused as to why the other two, TU and EXP went up pretty considerably but this one at EQ hasn't moved.  I pulled the score directly from EQ today to be sure and it hasn't wnet up while the others have. 

I will say this, today the cust serv rep at EQ upped my account to include all kinds of things like the ID stuff and credit freeze thing etc.  Unlimited access to my CR etc.

I jut don't get why the EQ score isn't moving but these other two do?

Here's my next concern;  I have a duplicate collection with the local Hospital that they are going to request deletion because obviously it is duplicated.  The actual collection has been paid and will updated accordingly.  If the the duplicate comes off, shouldn't my score go up a bit?  Several here have said that their scores have went down when the collection dropped off.

The RJM account should delete soon. 

If these two drop off, logic would say the score should rise but I'm concerned it will take dip.  What do you buys think?

I've been waiting since July 11th when my lender pulled my TRI MERGE report that showed scores of 599  (EXP) 617 (TU) and 628 (EQ).  My scores are now as stated above:  658 (EXP) Up a total of 76 points in only 1 month!!  758 (TU) up 141 points in the same period of time!  Then 609 (EQ)  DOWN 9 points.

Lender says I need my "middle score" to be 620.  DIdn't say which ones needed to be 620 or higher, just that the middle one needed to be.  So I'm sitting on 609, 658 and 758.  So do you guys think I should get up with the lender now?  Concerned that if these other two drop off the EQ for example the scores will get worse.

Thoughts? 

This has been hands down the most insane process I've ever been involved in.  Period!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.