cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will $0 balance store cards still report to CRA's monthly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will $0 balance store cards still report to CRA's monthly?

Fairly new to rebuilding and trying to formulate optimal game plan. Yes, I've read ABCD's siggy...very helpful!

My question: In the next 30 days, my 6 store accounts will all be reporting a $0 balance. (It took a year of minimum payments to pay off 4 of them off, but this reported payment activity seemed to have a big impact on my improving score. I now know that my high util % was hurting me, but live and learn.)

My plan is to rotate using one every couple of months for <10%. Will these $0 balance accounts continue to report monthly, even if I only use them maybe 3 times a year?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will $0 balance store cards still report to CRA's monthly?

I can only speak to the two Comenity store cards I have....they only update to the bureaus on months when I have used them.  Once paid off, they have updated the zero balance. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gidgetmom wrote:

I can only speak to the two Comenity store cards I have....they only update to the bureaus on months when I have used them.  Once paid off, they have updated the zero balance. 

Good luck!

Thanks for input! So on the months where they didn't report, rather than the little green OK box, the CRA's would show a blank 'no data' box? I guess it doesn't matter re: score, as long as there are no red boxes...lol.

Message 3 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

It helps your AAoA and % til too.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 6
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

They will show “no data” for those months until it reports again.  Once it reports,  it fills in those “no data” with green ok’s.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gidgetmom wrote:

They will show “no data” for those months until it reports again.  Once it reports,  it fills in those “no data” with green ok’s.

Good to know. Seeing those rows and rows of green boxes adding up helps me feel like I'm accomplishing something...like a kid getting a gold stars, I guess.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.