cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will $69 medical bill collection from 3 years ago still hurt my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will $69 medical bill collection from 3 years ago still hurt my score?

I had a dispute with a dental office for srewing up my teeth, they went ahead and filed me to collection for a $69 bill. That was 3.5 years ago...

My credit dropped significantly after that of course.

Now, this stinky collection still hangs around on my report even though I paid it off right away after it entered collection, I am wondering if this still hurt me a lot if I need to obtain a mortgage?

Many thanks for any help...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will $69 medical bill collection from 3 years ago still hurt my score?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a dispute with a dental office for srewing up my teeth, they went ahead and filed me to collection for a $69 bill. That was 3.5 years ago...

My credit dropped significantly after that of course.

Now, this stinky collection still hangs around on my report even though I paid it off right away after it entered collection, I am wondering if this still hurt me a lot if I need to obtain a mortgage?

Many thanks for any help...

Hi Kitty and welcome to myFICO.

If you'd like I could move this over to the Mortgage Loans board and let the gurus over there help you. Let me know what you want to do. It might be better there since you are asking about a possible roadblock to getting a house

-MarineVietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.